The Resident Assistant role is the premier leadership role on campus! Through the RA experience, students can gain valuable skills while helping and leading their fellow residents in Islander Housing.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at TAMUCC
- Have at least one semester of experience living on campus
- Have and maintain a GPA of at least 2.5
- Have and maintain good judicial standing with the University
- Must be available to work office hours and serve in an on-call rotation for Islander Housing
- RA candidates must complete Islander Leadership Seminar during either the fall or spring semesters. Contact Islander Housing for future ILS dates.
RA Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly pay for 18-20 hours per week
- Discounted rent
- Mentorship from professional staff
- Leadership experience
- Meal plan scholarship
- Early registration for classes
- Professional development opportunities
- Free t-shirts throughout the year
RA selection occurs each semester. RA selection for fall 2020 has already occurred. Details about RA selection for spring 2021 will be posted during the fall semester in both communities, via Islander Housing social media outlets, and in iNews. ILS information can be found here.